There’s a lot happening in Downtown St. Cloud – there are all kinds of new projects and developments happening right now. Click to request a copy of the 2006-2007 Annual Report.
Economic Development Activity
- Historic restoration marketing effort (Host annual historic tours)
- Downtown branding campaign underway
- Business Recruitment efforts
- Promoting JobZ Program
- Promoting downtown as a technology hub
- Working with brokers to sell or lease available properties
- Expanding incentive programs for business recruitment and retention
Current Public/Private Investments
- Construction of new Public Library of west end of downtown
- Construction of ING Direct (400 additional jobs; redevelopment project)
- Construction of parking ramp (2007)
- Construction of new Law Enforcement Center (2008)
- Improvements to Hwy 23 (2009)
- Several major and minor restoration projects
Marketing and Promotions
- Identify marketing/communications priorities that reflect the emerging competitive landscape and make recommendations to the Downtown marketing plan
- Implement plans and strategies to market Downtown as everything in one great place
- Work with the City on a strategy to improve the perception of Downtown during construction
- Identify funding sources to improve long term advertising and promotions
- Tabloid “Live It! Love It! Downtown St. Cloud” in the St. Cloud Times published quarterly.
- Work with City to expand employee and visitor parking options.
DTC Brings you… The Downtown GET CONNECTED Discount Card
This card brings employees, residents, visitors the opportunity to experience all that Downtown has to offer at a discounted price!
This $10 card provides special offers and discounts at Downtown restaurants, hotels, stores and attractions through Downtown. It can be picked up at DTC office, requesting via or by calling (320) 257-5613.
- Achieve a net increase in new and retained membership
- Develop three issue forums
- Increase participation of businesses outside the traditional Downtown who have interest in the vitality of the Urban Core
DOWNTOWN STRATEGIC PLAN: The consulting firms Urban Marketing Collaborative (UMC) and The Cohn Marketing Group were retained by the City of St. Cloud, the Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA), and the Downtown Council to undertake a strategic plan for the Downtown area with an emphasis on commercial elements. The study is meant to build off the work completed by the Comprehensive Plan, which laid out the foundation and vision for the City and Downtown and highlighted specific goals and objectives. These goals and objectives are referenced later in this report. The work carried out in this report prepared by UMC and The Cohen Marketing Group will prioritize projects for the City and Downtown Council, and include a detailed action plan on how to accomplish each one. Click HERE to obtain a copy of the 2004 Downtown Strategic Plan (.pdf format).
BACK TO TOP