St. Cloud and Central Minnesota continues to thrive as one of the fastest growing regions in the state. It is a growth market with its diverse business base including manufacturing, health care, retail, printing, food services, and marketing and fulfillment companies. This healthy economic trend is proven in such diverse areas as three new area golf courses, a recently renovated arts district in downtown and several new national-chain retailers and restaurants now calling St. Cloud home.
St. Cloud and Central Minnesota provides a stable base from which to build your business success. Active, educated, young and ready, willing and able to buy your products and services. With stable incomes, family values, diversity, and youthfullness -- over 29% of the adults in the market are between the ages of 18-34 -- the St. Cloud market delivers a lucrative audience to build a solid business.
St. Cloud St. Cloud Metro Trade Area
Population 66,855 183,182 276,980
The St. Cloud Downtown Council and our community partner organizations, particularly the Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation, can provide you or your business with information on the following:
Connecting Talent. Building Community.
The Greater St. Cloud Region is home to a thriving education system, a dynamic arts scene, a prosperous business network and a growing, interconnected community. Whether you’re here to find your dream job in a fantastic community, or find the right talent for your business needs, JobSpot is your place to click with professional opportunities, connect with the right people and organizations, and succeed in your job search, staff search and community relationships.
Awards & Recognitions
As a testament to the livability and quality of life that is enjoyed by residents of the City of St. Cloud and all of Central Minnesota, the following recognitions have been presented at the national and international level to the City of St. Cloud and its local partners:
- 2011 Top Winter City - No. 5 on Livability.com’s U.S. list of most livable winter cities
- 2011 MNAPA Excellence in Community Engagement - for the St. Cloud Urban Area Mississippi River Corridor Plan
- 2011 AWWA Best Tasting Water in Minnesota - American Water Works Association
- 2011 River Friendly Community of the Year - Minnesota Waters
- 2010 Arbor Day Foundation’s Tree City USA - 30th consecutive year
- 2010 This Old House’s Best Old-House Neighborhood - The Midwest
- 2010 Farmers Insurance - Most Secure U.S. Places - #11 in cities populated less than 150,000 - fifth time in top 20
- 2009 St. Cloud Hospital Ranked Top 100 Hospital - 4th consecutive year
- 2008 AARP Healthiest Hometowns - Runner-Up in 2008 September / October Issue
- 2008 Fortune Small Business Magazine Top 100 Cities for Best Blend of Business and Pleasure - top 100
- 2008 StationStyle Design Awards - Notable Career Award for St.Cloud #5 Fire station
- 2008 Fortune Magazine Top 100 Cities to Launch a New Business - #75 in a list of top 100
- 2007 International Awards for Liveable Communities - Whole city award - Gold award criteria award - Planning for the future
- 2007 City of Excellence Awards - Minnesota League of Cities - Topical award - Fostering Senior Friendly Communities - Whitney Without Walls
- 2007 Country Home Magazine Best Green Cities in America - Top 100
- 2004 Most Valuable Pollution Prevention Award - Phosphorus management plan presented by the national pollution prevention round-table
- 2003 Minnesota Governor’s Award for Excellence in Waste and Pollution Prevention - St. Cloud Phosphorus Management Plan